We cannot deny that we are in uncharted territory, but while we are practicing social distancing, Amal Alliance is as strong as ever. Our core mission will always be to empower displaced children through social development programs at refugee camps and informal settlements around the globe but during this unfortunate time, we are refocusing our efforts to respond to the growing challenges COVID-19 has presented in these underserved communities.
Here’s How We Are Responding:
- Reframing our current educational model to allow us to implement a multiple-stage response to COVID-19. This updated model will continue to promote social development while counseling the communities on health and hygiene preventative measures. This model includes:
- A podcast that is accessible to parents and caregivers. The podcast provides guidance on creative methodologies to enhance learning and foster expression during the isolation period. The podcasts will feature different stories each day and cover a variety of topics including hygiene, creativity, empathy, emotions, and relationships.
- A child-focused workbook that provides parents and caregivers with coping activities, games, exercises, and meditations to use with their children to ease anxiety during this period.
- Amal Ambassadors and partner organizations who support the communities from the ground level by keeping the connectivity with the families and communities to diffuse any feelings of solidarity. The Amal Ambassadors and partner organizations provide information back to Amal Alliance so we have a better understanding of the day-to-day issues each community faces and the results of the program which then enables us to adjust our curriculum as needed.
There is much work ahead of us and this is how you can help:
- We need to continue to fundraise to ramp up the battle against COVID-19 and so we are properly equipped to reopen our classroom doors when that time comes. Please donate to us on our GoFundMe page. Every little dollar can help a refugee child. Please feel free to pass this along to your friends and family.
- We need your help identifying foundations and corporations that wish to support vulnerable communities and foundations. If you know any that are willing to make a donation or to partner with us, please let us know.
Despite differences in city, country, culture, or religion, we are all part of the same global community and we will get through this together. Wishing you and your loved ones safety and good health.
For more info, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.